Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Benjamin vs Malcolm


The Benjamin Franklin and the Malcolm X papers are similar because they both are narratives.   Benjamin Franklin paper sounds like a child is writing or narrating his story and how he was raised, where Malcolm X is a paper about when he was an adult.  Malcolm is talking about an experience in life on how he made it through jail.  Where in the story about Benjamin Franklin is talking about him growing up and his significant experience in life.  Benjamin Franklin is talking about his writing skills and how he made it through that, things that he read.  Also in the beginning of Malcolm X reading there was a little synopsis about him, were Benjamin Franklin dived right into the story.  I did find Malcolm X story more interesting and related able to me.  The writing skills where so different in the since that Malcolm X is more mature.   Benjamin Franklin did have a love or want for reading and that is somewhere in life I want to be.  I do need to read more for my own kid’s sake, at least they can see me and then they will want to.  Reading both of the papers, I know will help me with my paper.

3 comments:

  1. The Ben Frank essay was certainly much harder to read. I liked the Malcom X essay better also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought malcom had more conviction in his writting, definetly had an inspiring appel given that a black man in jail educated himself. I thought it showed a powerful example of strength within the indivdual in contrast to B. Franklin's story which to me didn't indicate a struggle with reallity and himself but rather gave me a sense of bourgeoise boredom when he described his childhood and his coming of age. also given the time he lived in history he was at advantage of white privilege.

    ReplyDelete